Friday, June 8, 2012

Alvisquer, Portugal

After an extra-long flight to Heathrow because of a flight path diverted around turbulence, a leisurely 4 hours in Heathrow where I struggled to stay awake, and a 15 minute sprint through the Lisbon airport, I arrived in Faro, Portugal. After filing a lost bag claim, I emerged to (most of) my smiling family!

About 90 minutes later, we arrived at Casa Rosa, in Alvisquer.






There is no street address, so I had to give the friendly baggage guy turn-by-turn directions for him to deliver my suitcase.

At Casa Rosa we enjoy homemade sangria




and delicious dinners.






(photo credit: Lila Todd)

Maria, the next door neighbor, gives us oranges.


(photo credit: Lila Todd)

We spend a lot of time enjoying the view of the cork trees and neighborhood animals.









There's a lot of swimming.








No comments:

Post a Comment